Field Service Technician
Tinley Park WarehouseVIEW STORE
Help us Bring the Fun Home as a Field Service Technican!
The Field Service Technician position is responsible for ensuring that each customer receives outstanding service embodying our Vision and Mission statement. Greets customers in an articulate, professional manner. Maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, and spa components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all spa service areas.
American Sale has immediate openings! Depending on your experience and desire to learn and succeed, this position offers $18 - $20/hour!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a customer friendly environment, including articulately greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Consistently at work and on time, as scheduled.
- Maintains high energy, flexibility, works well under pressure in a fast-paced field environment.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, and gages. Reads service orders, work orders or manufacturer instructions to determine proper course of repair.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with manufacturer and American Sale safety procedures for spa activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements. Wears the proper safety equipment. Has thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving and must be highly safety conscious.
- Initiates orders for replacements parts.
- Completes and maintains all paperwork and warranty claim information timely and as required.
- Works well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment.
- Informs manager of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers.
- Organizes work area and trucks for orderliness at all times.
- Trains entry-level spa technicians, assists other spa technicians with technical troubleshooting.
- Requires general product knowledge of merchandise, solicit sale of products or additional services.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing processes and business demand.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices, and loss prevention.
- Evaluate customer satisfaction, solicits feedback to improve service, communicates concerns to manager as soon as feasible.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Solid Customer service attitude.
- Ability to travel to customer location and between stores.
- Clear motor vehicle record
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Will train qualified candidate.