Product Expert (Part-Time/Full-Time)
Carol StreamVIEW STORE
Help us Bring the Fun Home as a Product Expert!
American Sale has immediate openings! Depending on your experience and desire to learn and succeed, this position offers pay up to $11-$13/hour PLUS commission to start!
The Product Expert works very closely with customers in aspects of the selling process beginning at initial lead or personal greeting at store. The regular duties of a Product Expert include selling merchandise to customers while using knowledge, skills and abilities. The Product Expert ensures that each customer receives outstanding sales service 100% of the time by regular, appropriate follow up to endear the customer and constantly enhance the American Sale experience. Knows and understands personal sales goals and strives to exceed or meet. Actively stays educated on all product features and benefits. including that of our competition. Communicates effectively in both spoken and written communication. Works very closely with store managers, peers, warehouse/delivery personnel, the customer service department as well as other functional/service departments of American Sale. Requires extensive product and sales knowledge in all products. Actively monitor sales goals set by Manager to ensure compliance of plan. Effectively represents products to customer through product knowledge and demonstration by utilizing all training tools provided. Generate and execute leads while working actively to seek referrals. Closes each sale effectively and efficiently engaging Managers as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service 100% of the time.
- Consistently at work and on time, as scheduled.
- Continually uses exceptional communication and customer service skills when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Generates and executes sales leads timely while working actively to seek referrals by contacting customers and potential customers through, but not limited to, phone calls, email, mailings and fax to communicate buying opportunities.
- Effectively represents merchandise and company to customers through product knowledge and demonstration by utilizing all training tools provided with the expectation of closing the sale
- Frequently closes each sale effectively and efficiently.
- Accurately creates and maintains customer orders utilizing the specified method.
- Works closely with the delivery and installation department to ensure flawless execution
- Provides timely and accurate information on incoming customer order status when requested.
- Actively monitor sales goals set by manager to ensure compliance of plan.
- Provide timely feedback to Managers on any suspected or validated service failures.
- Evaluate customer satisfaction, solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing processes and business demands.
- Active participation in all offered on-going training and coaching
- Ability to effectively process information/merchandise through AS400 system alerting Manager, warehouse or customer service staff to problems, issues by using service module.
- Ensures compliance of Company Policies, procedures and practices; and supports Company loss prevention effort.
- Ensure equal treatment of all customers even if customer is another employee.
- Be an active team member of entire store team. Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in housekeeping, display maintenance and replenishing merchandise as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional store environment. Work is generally performed indoors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers/tablets, phones, photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items, sometimes over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate pool and spa equipment and read technical information. Potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to pool and spa operation/related chemicals.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
Day, evening, weekend holiday and home office work required as job duties demand.
Some travel between stores, the Corporate Office and at times customer locations.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College, High school or equivalent, 3-5 years of progressive sales experience.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
Proven Sales ability at American Sale specifically in the pool and spa area.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.