Trade-In Hot Tub Procedures
- ● Salesperson creates Customer Service Module for Spa Service Department to inspect spa using Spa Trade-In Form. The module is created off of the new spa purchase. Notes regarding the trade in are to be put in the F17 order comments, please include as much info as possible about the spa being traded in. If the trade in was never purchased at American Sale then please also note that in the F17 order notes.
- ● New spa is written separately from used spa. Salesperson adds comment in notes as to trade-in on another spa and lists service module account number.
- ● Trade-In AMS number 369-534 is added to the new spa order for tracking and delivery purposes.
- ● Salesperson informs customer that spa must be filled and technician must have access to power for inspection.
- ● Spa Service Department calls customer and schedules inspection. Labor and trip charges are added to the module and charged to the appropriate store.
- ● Spa Service Department will email Trade-In Form and photos of spa to the store Sales Manager and Brian. Sales Manager calls customer with trade-in value based on condition of spa and any repairs needed. Customer must then sign agreed upon price. Trade-in value is good for 7 days.
- ● Trade-In spa is picked up and brought back to 905.
- ○ Delivery notifies Brian spa is in warehouse. Brian notifies A.P. to cut check for payment to customer.
- ○ Delivery notifies Amy to schedule spa for repairs. Tech repairs spa based on Trade-In Form and re-stains cabinet and polishes inside of spa. Tech attaches Spa Trade-In Form to spa for re-sale and takes photo of spa.
- ○ Amy notifies Brian repairs are complete.
- ○ Brian assigns AMS number, Serial number, price, and description of spa for sales staff.
- ○ Amy sends spa photo to Sherry, Rex, and Rick to be placed on Intranet for all stores to view.
- ○ Spa is sent to store, clearance area, or tent sale.
- ● Re-sale of Pre-Owned spa.
- ○ Spa is written under correct AMS number along with Trade-In Spa agreement; delivery cannot be made without this.
*Note: Site evaluations are scheduled with the Delivery Department, not the Spa Service Department.