The Poolmaster 5-Way Pool Test Kit is used for testing basic elements including pH, Free/Combined Chlorine, Bromine, Acid Demand, and Total Alkalinity. It does this by using a color comparator and a drop test to visually determine current levels of pH, chlorine, etc. Proper and frequent testing of pool and spa water is your first line of defense in protecting your family and your pool or spa.
- It includes 1 ounce and .5 ounce liquid reagents
- Tests for Free/Combined Chlorine, Bromine, Acid Demand, pH and Total Alkalinity
- Total Chlorine: 0.6 to 5.0 ppm
- pH: 6.8 to 8.2
- Ideal level of pH should be between 7.4 and 7.6
- Chlorine residual should be between 1.0 and 3.0 ppm
- Reagents are 1 and ½ ounces
- Detailed Instruction Booklet included in kit
- Fill small test vial to line.
- Add 5 drops Solution Reagent #1.
- Place cap on vial and swirl to mix.
- For Free Chlorine Reading, within 2-3 seconds, compare color with chlorine standards to determine the Free Chlorine ppm.
- For Combined Chlorine Reading, wait 1 to 2 minutes and compare again to determine the combined chlorine ppm level. A large difference between the two readings (more than 0.2 ppm) indicates a need for super chlorination.
- Other test instructions included in kit on place card and in booklet. A PDF is also attached to this web page.
Tinley Park Outlet
Monday - Tuesday: 10am - 6pm
Thursday - Sunday: 10am - 6pm
Bridgeview, Carol Stream, Lake Zurich, Merrillville, Naperville, Orland Park, Romeoville
DAILY: 10am - 6pm
Customer Pickup Hours
Customer Pickup -
Tinley Park Warehouse
Monday - Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday - Sunday: CLOSED