Collection and Use of Information
When you make a purchase in one of our American Sale stores, sign-up for our newsletter, or answer one of our surveys, you may choose to give us basic information: name, email address, mailing address, ZIP code, phone, and credit card numbers. This allows us to process your transactions more efficiently, and ultimately, to give you a higher caliber of customer service. We also add email addresses to our email list. When you visit our Website, we may collect more information: your internet protocol (IP) address, the name of the Web page directing you, as well as your clicks and activity on our site. This tracking data helps us understand how to make our site more available and user-friendly to our customers.
We also use information such as your name, email address, phone number and credit card information to contact you, respond to your inquiries, and send you special sale information and to process, deliver and receive payment for your purchases. In addition to using the information referenced above to fulfill your order, we also retain your name, address, email address and purchase information in our customer database. This information is used to track your order, respond to your inquiries and make subsequent purchases easier and faster.
By looking at your purchases in context with marketing demographics or with information from companies whose products and services you may be interested in, it helps our buyers and merchandisers continue to seek out products and designs you may find relevant and unique.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
Editing, Updating, Correcting and Deleting Information about You
For address corrections or to remove your name from our mailing list, please contact American Sale Customer Service Department at 1 877 FMLYFUN (1 877 365-9386) or Email Us.
Please be advised that since our newsletter and sales promotions may already be in process at the time of your request, it may take up to four to six weeks before all contacts cease. As a result, you may receive newsletters and sales promotions from American Sale during that four to six week period. In addition, when you purchase from us online, or when you choose to sign up for our newsletter, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive communications.
If you are not a registered user of http://www.americansale.com/ and no longer wish to receive our Special Offers email, simply unsubscribe. You can also use the Opt-Out link in the email to unsubscribe. If you have previously asked to be removed from our email list, we will not sign you up for email updates if you place an order over the Internet.
Protecting Children's Privacy
American Sale adheres to a strict privacy code regarding children and does not knowingly accept personal information from any child. If it is brought to our attention that a subscriber is underage, we will immediately remove all personal and identifiable information from our records in compliance with the Online Children's Privacy Protection Act of 1998. In addition, we will not disclose this information to any other companies.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
To further secure your Personal Customer Information: We cross-check an email address with the submitted password to validate access to any American Sale customer account.
We do not allow any email address to access more than one americansale.com account. When a new americansale.com account is created, we require you to submit an email address that is not associated with an existing americansale.com account.
We encourage you to use a unique password that is not easily determinable (e.g., don't use your name or street name). Keep your password and do not share it with anyone. Your password is the "key" to your account; anyone who gets this "key" can, along with your email address, gain access to your account.
If you forget your password, to gain access to your account you will need to know the email address you signed up with and have access to that email account. On the Account Sign in Page click on the Forgot Your Password? link and then type in the email address of the account you would like to reset your password for. A message will be sent to your email address with your password reset.
Remember to Sign Out
To further prevent unauthorized access to your account, remember that, after you sign in, you should sign out once you have completed your transaction, completed managing your account, or decided to step away from your computer. Anyone who accesses your computer after you have signed in but before you have either signed out or your session has timed-out can access your account.
Who is GeoTrust?
GeoTrust is a Certifying Authority (CA). Certifying Authorities are used to ensure your browser is communicating with the authentic American Sale and not an imposter. When your browser connects to American Sale for secure transactions, your browser must be assured that it hasn't connected to an impostor pretending to be American Sale. Your browser, therefore, requires American Sale to authenticate itself before such transactions can proceed. To authenticate itself, our Website presents your browser with the proper credentials, called a certificate. When American Sale set up its secure Website, we obtained our certificate from Verisign, one of the most trusted Certifying Authorities in the world. As part of our application, we provided them with certain legal information about our organization, which they used to certify that American Sale is legitimate and should be certified.
Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
Links to Sites and Services
At times, we provide links our customers may be interested in, American Sale does not control the privacy policies or practices of these websites. If you choose to explore these sites and services, we suggest that you carefully review their individual Privacy Policies.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
8401 W 185th Street
Tinley Park Illinois US 60487
Online Order Returns
- American Sale reserves the right to accept or decline any return. All approved returns may be subject to a restocking fee of 20% of order total.
- You must have the original order number as it is necessary for all returns or credits.
- Returned merchandise must be in new condition and in original packaging.
- ORDERS CANNOT BE CANCELLED AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN PROCESSED FOR SHIPPING. NO EXCEPTIONS. Additionally, do not refuse delivery. You will be responsible for the shipping fees both to and from the shipping address.
- Online purchases can be returned to an American Sale store location. However, all refunds must be processed through our Internet Department and will be done so within one business day; our stores cannot process refunds for online orders. Stores can process an even product exchange.
- All FINAL SALE situations listed in the In Store Return area are also applicable to online orders.
- 3rd Party Items will be subject to the Vendor return policy. These items are designated as Online Only and are shipped directly from the vendor to the customer.
- American Sale is not liable for any lost, damaged or stolen merchandise shipped via Third Party vendors (Online Only items).
- All sales on Christmas items are final as of December 15th. No exchanges or returns will be accepted after December 15th. No Exceptions.
- Pool Liners cannot be removed from the original packaging, if so it cannot be returned or exchanged.
- All Closeout Pool Liner sales are final.
- ALL RETURNS MUST BE MADE WITHIN 15 DAYS OF RECEIPT OF MERCHANDISE.
- Online Halloween Costumes & Accessories: No returns will be accepted after October 1st. American Sale does not accept returns on hosiery or lingerie type items.
- We do not accept returns on any International orders.
- If a return or exchange needs to be made due to damage, defect, or incorrect item shipped, please download our Return Form and follow the instructions on how to return the item. You may also email CustomerService@AmericanSale.com, call 708-614-6552 for return options, or visit one of our 9 store locations. Please again note that all refunds must be processed through our Internet Department; our stores cannot process refunds for online orders. Stores can process an even product exchange.
- Exchanges are processed using standard shipping methods.
Return the product in the original packaging to our return center within 15 days of receipt of product. Include the invoice with the returned product and circle the items(s) you are returning. Customer Service will notify you via e-mail or phone when we have received and processed the return for credit to your credit card or Pay Pal account. Please allow 10 - 15 business days for the credit or refund to appear on your billing statement.
If item needs to be returned without damage, defect, or was not an incorrect item shipped, the return mailing address is as follows. Buyer would assume all shipping costs. Return shipment charges would not be incurred by American Sale. Do not return items COD as these returns would not be accepted. For your protection, we recommend that you use UPS, Fed Ex, or Insured Parcel Post for your return.
Occasionally, a refund may take longer than usual to process. Typically the refund time period includes the transit time for American Sale to receive your item, the time it takes for us to process your return, and the time it takes to process your credit. We will keep you apprised of the status of your refund.
Internet Return Shipping Address:
American Sale Corporation
8405 West 185th Street
Tinley Park, IL 60487
Attention: Internet Return
Please contact American Sale Customer Service Department by Email at CustomerService@AmericanSale.com or by phone at 708-614-6552 with any questions or concerns regarding our return policy.
In Store Returns
- American Sale wants to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase.
- American Sale reserves the right to accept or decline any return. Approved returns may be subject to a restocking fee.
- You must keep your receipt as the receipt is necessary for all returns or credits. The receipt is the responsibility of the customer as American Sale is unable to provide a copy of the receipt or duplicate copies.
- All orders canceled after 14 days are subject to a 10% cancellation fee.
- Please note - All In-Process Special Orders canceled will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee. Special Order item(s) are not eligible for return. Special Order items are noted on your receipt as item number 900-001.
- All returns must be made within 30 days of purchase. We regret we are unable to give a refund on any seasonal merchandise after the 15th day of purchase.
- Returned merchandise must be in new condition and original packaging.
- All chemical sales are FINAL.
- All Clearance item sales are FINAL.
- All Display and Tent Sale items are FINAL sale and sold as is.
- Pool Liners cannot be removed from the original packaging, if so it cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Exchanges or return for Halloween Costumes are not accepted after October 1st.
- Delivery/Installation charges are not eligible for a refund after the service(s) has been completed.
- Some items have a Modified Return Policy notated on the receipt in addition to the in store return policy. The Modified Return Policy would be followed.
Bring the product and receipt to any American Sale store within 30 days of purchase for credit or refund.
- Credit/Debit card returns can only be issued to the original card used for purchase, otherwise a merchandise credit will be issued.
- Returns over $100 will be refunded entirely by company check within 15 business days of the return date.
- Gift card or Merchandise credit purchase, refund would be issued as merchandise credit.
- Taxes will be refunded at your local rate.
- Items returned without an invoice are subject to the approval of store management and will be refunded to an American Sale gift card.
Please contact American Sale Customer Service Department by Email at CustomerService@AmericanSale.com or phone at 708-614-6552 with any questions or concerns regarding our return policy.
Customer Pick-Up Policy
- If you choose to pick-up your product at the store, please pick-up your merchandise within 72 hours. Unfortunately, due to the number of customer pick-ups we have, and the limited space to store customer pick-ups, after 72 hours we will have to ship your order back to our main distribution center and reschedule your pick-up.
- If your order is not picked up within 72 hours, we reserve the right to cancel the order to make the merchandise available to sell.
- We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee for any order returned to our distribution center.
- All customer pick-ups must be returned to store for refund or exchange.
Delivery dates are given at the time of the sale. Due to variables such as weather and traffic, we cannot give a specific time when our drivers will arrive but we will give a 3 hour time range. All deliveries are routed 1 day prior to actual delivery date and customers will be contacted via email at 3 pm. You may also check online at our delivery schedule tool. All balances must be paid in full 7 days prior to your delivery date, no C.O.D.'s. All finance contracts must be signed 3 days prior to delivery.
Due to the volume of orders we must process, we have a $25 fee for any changes to your order within 48 hours of delivery.
If needed, changes to your order should be made at least 3 days before your scheduled delivery. Contact your Sales Associate to make any changes or reschedule a delivery.
A redelivery charge for any orders returned to our Distribution Center because no one is home to accept and sign for the merchandise will be assessed. If you will not be home for a scheduled delivery, you may authorize us to leave the merchandise in the backyard or with a neighbor by means of a signature at the time of purchase; the $25 fee will be waived.