Creating The "Fifth Room" in Your Home
- Prep your deck or a patio space- It's a great idea to treat your deck if it's wood to make the space fresh! And power washing your patio before placing furniture on it is also a great idea! You can usually rent a power washer from your local hardware store! But the space will get a lot more use and traffic, so prepping your deck or patio is always a good idea!
- Choose Your Furniture- A no brainer! But this is an area to get creative! Some people actually try to mimic the furniture they have inside their house and match it to their outdoor furniture. But you can do something entirely different as well! But we always suggest taking measurements of your patio/deck before coming into the store and looking for your new patio set. That way you can be sure all the pieces will fit once you find something you love.
- Accent With Lighting- Lighting can make or break an outdoor area. The house floodlights really aren't conducive to a nice relaxing dinner with friends. So an inexpensive and growing trend is stringing globe lights above a pergola, gazebo, or around the patio itself to create a beautiful ambiance! We have a beautiful selection of these lights, lanterns, and torches to make a space really glow!
- Consider Adding a Fire Feature - Fire features are all the rave and a great way to take your outdoor space to the next level! Adding a fire pit not only creates a focal point for friends and family to gather around, but also allows you to sit outside any time of year.
- Create an Outdoor Kitchen- A grill is a staple item for any outdoor deck or patio! But you can really kick it up a notch by looking into an outdoor kitchen! These beautiful kitchens can come equipped with a refrigerator for all your ingredients, beverages, and more! They can also have a sink area for prepping, drawers for storing all your grilling utensils, plates, and more! And there's lovely counter space to create your next culinary masterpiece and serve your guests!
- Make It Your Own! - Use clever accents to create a truly homey and personal feel! Outdoor rugs, lamps, and decor are all great ways to accent the space and make it your own. Visit any of our 9 store locations to see our beautiful boutique area to pick out fun trinkets like plaques, signs, rugs, and other fun outdoor decor!