Our Commitment During COVID-19
Our Commitment to You During The Coronavirus Outbreak
Last Updated: 11/5/2020
PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS
We remain extraordinarily grateful to the incredible work our team members are doing during this time. In order to protect our valued employees’ and customers’ health and safety, we have implemented new cleaning and operational protocols — all of which either meet or exceed published guidelines from the CDC as well as local and State Health Departments.
What we have done to promote safety:
- Provided Employee PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Increased sanitation of common areas and surfaces
- Regulation of store occupancy
- Installed clear register guards to limit close contact during checkout
- Installed Social Distancing floor decals
- Installed aisle markers to direct flow of traffic
- Offer phone and virtual consultations instead of in-person consultation
- Offer curbside pick-up and online shopping options
We are also enforcing new Customer Guidelines that help us ensure the safety of our employees and other shoppers. They are as follows:
- Every customer must wear a face mask or face covering while in store
- Limit only TWO members from the same household in store at one time
- Maintain 6 feet of distance from people at all times
- American Sale personnel reserve the right to ask any customer who appears ill or who does not adhere to these guidelines to leave the store immediately. We ask our customers to stay home and reschedule any order pickup appointments if you are feeling ill. Our staff is willing to accommodate your schedule.
- Our internet orders will continue to be processed and fulfilled.
- Orders may incur a slight delay due to high demand and limiting employees at our warehouse.
- If you have selected Warehouse Customer Pickup in Tinley Park, please enter the doors and follow signs marked "Customer Pickup". Ring the bell to alert a warehouse associate so they can retrieve your order for you. Customer Pickup hours are listed on our Locations Page.
* Please remember, Warehouse Customer pickup hours vary from the Tinley Park Store hours.
- Customers are welcome to shop in person but are required to follow our posted Customer Guidelines.
- Stores are continuing to take orders on our products via phone and internet. We are able to do curbside pick-up for these purchases. Just call our stores to place your order and arrange your pickup!
- We are continuing to offer Video and Phone Consultations for those who want to consult one of our Product Expert's remotely. Please contact us here us to arrange this!
- We are still offering delivery and install on ALL outdoor products to our customers.
PROTECTING PUBLIC HEALTH AS AN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS
American Sale is proud to be Chicagoland’s favorite family-owned business for home recreation products for over 60 years. Not only do we provide fun and wellness products to help our customers enjoy their time at home, our essential business provides important water sanitation services and products that maintain the welfare and sanitation of our community.
As listed in both the Illinois and Indiana Executive Orders*, as well as in the March 19th Department of Homeland Security Advisory Memorandum*, businesses who offer pool and spa maintenance, as well as the distribution of sanitizing chemicals, are considered essential.
* For a copy of the DHS Advisory Memorandum, please visit https://www.phta.org/sites/default/files/CISA-Guidance-on-Essential-Critical-Infrastructure-Workers-1-20-508c.pdf. The IL Executive Order can be found at www.coronavirus.illinois.gov. The IN Executive Order can be found at www.in.gov
COVID AND WATER CARE
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
For more information, click to view our COVID-19 Water Care Handout.
- - -
As always, we will continue to closely monitor all local and State health and business guidelines and do all we can to protect our valued customers and employees during this time. We appreciate our customers' compliance and commitment to safety while we fulfill our essential responsibilities.
We look forward to seeing you again and helping you Bring The Fun Home!